17 December 2011

December 'Lust Have It' Beauty Box

As I promised last week, here's the December Lust Have It beauty box that I received:



Source: addtocartblog.com via ApartmentCat on Pinterest.

It came with tinsel packaging and a cute mini candy cane! It contained:

Glasshouse Fragrances: Marseilles Body Bar, full size.
This soap smells lovely: floral and old-fashioned. I've been using it since I got it, and it has a nice, creamy texture. I wouldn't pay $12.95 for a soap though, not even a handmade one! Lately I've been getting my soaps from Inner Earth Soaps on Etsy, and been very happy with them.
14-JAN-12 edit: I finished the soap today. Loved it from start to finish. Still not spending that much on soap, though!

Evo: Great Hydrator Moisture Mask, 50ml bottle.
Good, another hair product! Since I started growing out my hair (over 18 months ago, now) I've realised the importance of using quality hair products. So I'm interested in trying new ones. I used this the other day, and it made my hair noticeably smoother. It also had a fragrance that I really liked - perfumy and musky, unusual for a hair product. I would buy this again, I think.

LimeLily Cosmetics: Waterproof Eye Pencil in Jet, full size.
I wouldn't normally buy a black eye pencil. I prefer neutral shades, and sometimes brights if I'm feeling funky on the weekend. But a black pencil might go well with some of the darker brown and purple eyeshadow shades that I have, so next time I've got a special occasion, I might give it a go.
14-JAN-12 edit: Still haven't opened this. I probably won't use it and might give it away.

Kosmea: Purifying Cream Cleanser, 20ml tube.
I used this to clean my face the same night I received it, and it was lovely! My skin felt smooth and plump afterwards, it smelled gorgeous, and it's an Australian brand, too. Next time I feel like lashing out on a cleanser, I'll definitely consider this one.

Lash Republic: False Lash Set in Babydoll (daytime), full set.
Um, I've never used false eyelashes before, and never really considered it seriously. But why not give it a go, considering these were practically free? (The set retails at $25.00) I've read that you can use just a couple of lashes at the corner of each eye instead of the whole set; that might be the way to go for me. I can't even apply normal mascara without making a mess, so it should be interesting. I found a tutorial on YouTube, and it doesn't seem hard, you just need to practice. Just got to wait for a special enough occasion!
14-JAN-12 edit: Still haven't tried this and am re-thinking whether I will or not.

Moxie: Regular Tampons, pk 8.
I've seen this brand around before, but passed them by because they're a little more expensive than the others, and when it comes to this sort of product I figure, why pay more? But it's nice to have the chance to try them out. And they come in a cute little tin.

Summary: This month there were 6 products instead of the normal 5. I'm not sure if that's because it's Christmas, or because a couple of the products might be judged to be a bit iffy by the subscribers. Tampons are hardly a luxury product after all, and I don't think too many people wear false eyelashes! Some of the other products though, were pretty good.
Total Value: $69.45. Cost of Box: $14.95. Benefit: $54.50.
Rating: 6/10

14-JAN-12 edit: I might even rate this a 5/10, now that I think about it.