07 September 2012

Beauty Boxes : Lust Have It August 2012

After four months in a row of receiving my Lust Have It goodies in a makeup bag, this time the subscription came in a proper box again. It was slightly larger than normal, the type of flimsy cardboard box that you might see at party supply places, though it was wrapped in a nice wide black ribbon. The tissue paper inside was plain white too. I just get the feeling that not as much effort was put into the presentation of this month's box, but what's inside is more important, so let's have a look:



It contained:

tanGo Tanning Glove
Well, for a start, this isn't a glove, it's a plain square cloth. On the card, it's pictured with the other tantalising tanGo products that we didn't receive. It's made of that soft microfibre material that some of my face washers are made of, and that's what I'll use it for. I think this would be more appropriately listed as a bonus product. The RRP of $29.95 seems a little high to me.

Bioderma Atoderm Cream, sample sachet 8ml
This comes from the same folks that brought us the H2O Makeup Remover, which many beauty bloggers were calling a holy grail product. I'm expecting it to be good! It's for very dry skin. Thankfully I don't have a dry skin problem, but I may as well give it a go anyway.

Tigi Catwalk Session Series Styling Cream, full-size 150ml
This stuff looks a lot more usable than the Tigi Bedhead Manipulator that I got a while back, which was a sticky, blue mess. This looks like something I would use regularly, as my hair is pretty frizzy. It's full-size, which makes me happy.

Aromatherapy Associates Triple Rose Renewing Moisturiser and Hydrating Face Mask, sample size 5ml each
I love rose, so I'm sure I'll love these. Again, these are for dry skin and my skin is normal to oily, so I hope I don't have any breakouts.

Wet n Wild Nail Polish, full-size
I don't know what the name of this colour is, but it reminds me of the nail polishes I had when I was a kid. It's a pretty iridescent colour. I haven't been in the mood to paint my nails lately, but this polish might bring me out of hibernation.

Shiseido Perfect Rouge Lipstick in RD305, sample size 2.5g
I've been wanting to try Shiseido products for a while, but the price range made me hesitate. So I was happy to see a Shiseido product in my box, but disappointed at the same time, because the product is one that I'm least likely to use. There's already a lipstick in a very similar colour in my 'Probably Won't Ever Use' box. I know that many people love lipstick and they have to cater to people with many different tastes and preferences, but it just leaves me feeling ... meh.

Summary: As you can probably tell, I'm not very enthused by this month's box, though I can't really figure out why. It's actually a very good box: the mixture of different types of products is good (face, body, hair, nails, makeup), and the value is very high. So I'll give it the score that it probably deserves, rather than the score I feel like giving it.

Total Value: $108.72. Cost of Box: $14.95. Benefit: $93.77
Rating: 8/10