31 May 2013

Nails of the Week : Essence Nude Glam

A few weeks ago I was in Priceline and saw the new Essence Nude Glam nail polish range. At $2 each, I couldn't help picking myself up a bottle! I chose the shade Peaches & Cream, a pale salmon pink creme. Excuse my horrible cuticles and sloppy painting. I'm out of practice!


Colour: Essence Nude Glam: Peaches & Cream. 3 coats.
Topcoat: Etude House Jelly Nails Pop.
Drying Agent: Essence Quick Dry Nail Art.
I love this colour! While still very pale, the salmon is a little darker than in the bottle. Unfortunately it needed 3 coats just to get this opaque, and I still thought it was a little streaky. It also started to chip badly within 12 hours of application, which was quite disappointing. However, I've heard that using quick-dry drops can shrink the polish and make it crack and chip more quickly, so I might let it dry naturally next time and see if it fares any better.

There are 4 shades in the range. Check out this blog post from Will Paint Nails for Food for the full range. (Though my version of Peaches & Cream is a solid creme with no shimmer, it is the same colour.)